Wednesday, February 29, 4:20 PM till 5:20 PM PST
Location: Elizabeth Ballroom, Room F (IBM Showcase Suite)
Public Forum: AT Centers Leadership Network
Session Description: The AT Centers Leadership Network was formally launched in September 2011 in Doha, Qatar as a collaborative effort by G3ict and Mada – Qatar Assistive Technology Center – aiming at developing a network of national AT expertise centers. If you are responsible for an Assistive Technology (AT) Center anywhere in the world, come to learn about the AT Leadership Network and share your experiences in promoting innovations, good practices and supportive public policies and programs!
4:20 p.m. – Greetings and introductions
- Phill Jenkins, IBM Research,Human Ability & Accessibility Center
4:25 p.m. – CRPD background on ATs 4:30 p.m. – AT Centers Leadership Network
mission, charter, membership, objectives and activities
- Lou Orslene, MPIA MSW JAN Program Co-Director, U.S. DOL/JAN, Job Accommodation Network
4:40 p.m. – Perspectives from members around the world:
5:05 p.m. – Q&As and open discussion
- David Dikter, ATIA
- Royson Poh, Society for the Physically Disabled, Singapore
- David Rojas, The Trust for the Americas, OAS
- Sandy Hanebrink, Touch the Future, Inc.
5:20 p.m. - Adjournment
What Will You Gain in Participating in this Session?
The Session will provide you with:
- An overview of the leadership role of AT Centers around the world
- A description on the role to be performed by the Forum
- An outline of type of activities
- A review of the AT Centers of Excellence CRPD Charter
- A profile of membership and MOU for interested centers
- An opportunity for open discussion, expressions of interest
RSVP requested for this session: email@example.com
When registering, please indicate your name, title, affiliation, email, phone number.