Company size: 9,925 employees
Key product/service items: Adobe Systems is a software company focused on digital media, providing business and mobile software and services. The company’s products include Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Reader, Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Flash, Adobe Premiere Pro, amongst others.
Accessibility website overview: Adobe's accessibility website provides resources to help users make documents and websites more accessible. There is information on the accessibility features on all of Adobe's products, as well as how-to guides and case studies. Adobe has also included a section devoted to defining and exploring the many facets of the accessibility from assistive technology to compliance standards.
Key statements on ICT product and services accessibility: Adobe is an industry leader for accessibility and supports the creation of great web experiences by encouraging web developers to produce rich, engaging content that is accessible to all. Adobe’s commitment to the enablement of all people to use Adobe software and formats stem from the company’s belief that accessibility is important to users with various disabilities who want to engage in digital workflows as well as to publishers, authors, and developers who need to comply with global accessibility standards.
Key areas of accessibility work:
Adobe's strategy to deliver on the company’s commitment to address accessibility in its products and services includes:
- Providing product accessibility support and reporting on compliance with standards
- Maintaining relationships with assistive technology vendors to ensure that Adobe software works well with end user tools
- Supporting developers and authors who need to meet accessibility standards
- Providing information and resources for end users with disabilities
- Providing leadership in accessibility through participation in accessibility standards and collaboration with organizations interested in accessibility
This strategy has lead to Adobe’s partnerships with leading screen reader vendors to make Acrobat and Adobe PDF documents more accessible and the development of tools to create accessible Flash content. Adobe also has developed a corporate partnership with Project HIRED which assists individuals with disabilities to gain competitive employment and pursue career advancement, and also presents at the organization's workshops. Company accessibility website: http://www.adobe.com/accessibility/