Subscribe to Newsletter
Tell a Friend
Print this Page
European i2010 Initiative on e-Inclusion
On November 8, 2007, the European Commission completed a communication entitled "European i2010 initiative on e-Inclusion - to be part of the information society". This communication proposes a European Initiative on e-Inclusion comprising:
A) An e-Inclusion campaign "e-Inclusion, be part of it!" to raise awareness and connecting efforts during 2008, to be concluded by a Ministerial Conference, to demonstrate concrete progress and reinforce commitments
B) A strategic framework for action to implement the Riga Ministerial Declaration by:
1. Enabling the conditions for everyone to take part in the information society by bridging the broadband, accessibility and tackling competences gaps.
2. Accelerating effective participation of groups at risk of exclusion and improving quality of life.
3. Integrating e-Inclusion actions to maximise lasting impact.
To learn more about the European Commission's e-Inclusion Initiative, you may read:
The Commission's "First Contribution to the Campaign " prepared for the Ministerial event on e-Inclusion in Lisbon, Portugal on December 3, 2007
The Commission's introductory communication, outling the premise and objectives of the e-Inclusion Initiative - put out on November 8, 2007
For a complete list of resources, including an Impact assessment Executive Summary, please visit the Commission's page on the European e-Inclusion Initiativeback
• CHICAGO CITY COUNCIL PASSES RESOLUTION URGING U.S. TO SIGN ON TO TREATY ON THE RIGHTS OF PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES
• UK: Conference Explores How New Technolgy Can Transform the Lives of Blind People
• Welcome to the Disability Policy Blog!
• IET International Conference on Technologies for Active and Assisted Living (TechAAL), London, United Kingdom
No records were found.
Post new comment:
Only register users can add comments please Log-in